Magnotta: "Here is the photo of my abuse."
The massive amount of press that unrepentant narcissist Luka Magnotta is currently receiving has been under fire from the international community. So, for a change of pace, I wanted to share this photo of the suspected murderer not as he would like to be seen, but as anyone who has been following his appalling behaviour would like to see him.
Business Insider published an interesting article detailing Magnotta's relationship with a New York criminal defense lawyer named Romeo Salta. While laying low in a 10th Avenue apartment, Magnotta contacted Salta seeking legal advice, claiming that his life was in double-danger.
He explained that a number of animal rights groups were hunting him in connection with a series of kitty-snuff videos that had been attributed to him, and that an abusive prostitution client named "Manny" had forced him to perform a host of demeaning acts -- including the kitten murders, which were filmed and posted online.
Magnotta told Salta how the former client, Manny, had been holding him captive, riddling him with persistent and depraved abuse. He said he was unable to escape Manny's clutches and powerless to disobey his commands. One of these demands had been to kill the kittens, Magnotta said. It was not his fault, Magnotta said, but Manny's.
This was, in fact, a story very similar to what serial killer Karla Homolka had told police about her husband when she was arrested in 1993. Homolka said her husband had forced her to kill several young girls. Magnotta claims to have dated Homolka after her release from prison. Whether or not that's true is a source of debate, but what's clear is that Magnotta likely has an intimate understanding of her case.
Source: Business Insider
The aforementioned similarities to the case of convicted killer Karla Homolka are startling. Many of the degradations listed in Magnotta's chronicle of abuse reads like a page from Homolka's official statements to police concerning the murders of Leslie Mahaffy, Kristen French, and her little sister, Tammy Lyn.
Concerned citizens were largely outraged when Homolka received a light sentence in exchange for her testimony against then-husband Paul Bernardo. The petite blonde maintains that Bernardo forced her to assist him in the fulfillment of his depraved desires through years of manipulation and abuse.
List of Abuse from Manny
- made me drink alcohal when I didnt want to
- forced me to smoke marijuana
- made me watch shows I didnt want to watch and hit me when I changed the channel
- told me if I went to any doctors he would kill me, he said he was always outside watching me.
- strangled me with his hands and with electrical cord
- stabbed me with a pencil and a pen
- cut me with a knife because I wouldnt kiss his feet
- hit me in the head with a hair spray bottle
- held my head in a bucket of water until I couldnt breath
- punched me with his keys
- forced me to drink his urine and eat his feces
- spit in my face and on my Versace shirt
- forced me to shave all my body hair off and then cut me with the razor
- slammed my hand in the freezer door
- forced me to eat animal parts
- punched me and kicked me in the groin
- forced me to have sex with his puppy and numerous cats
- bought worms and made me eat them
- anally and orally raped me numerous times
- wrapped 100% of my body with plastic wrap and then cut a hole and ejaculated down my throat and I choaked on his seamen
- made me cut his nails and if I didnt do it properly he beat me
- verbally insulted me and called me horrible names like cunt,pig,slut,whore and fag
- stripped me of my dignity and made me feel isolated and alone
- made me perform oral sex on a unknown woman even though I didnt want to for a long time
- tied me up with duct tape and forced me to listen to my favorite song "Patience" at full volume while he fisted me in my anus
- made me brush his teeth for him and floss
- he whipped me with my cellphone charger
- made me have sex with him while I phoned my mother and sister
- he killed one of my cats by stepping on its head
- he told me I belonged to him and would have to have sex anytime he called and if I told anyone he would kill me and my family because he said he had all their information
- he made me write dozens of love letters to him and make videos of me saying I wanted to marry him
- he made me drink an unknown drink and I passed out and when I woke up I was bruised and could hardly move
- he said he knew private detectives who would hunt me down and kill me if I ever disappeared
- if i didnt perform oral sex the way he wanted me to then he would pull my hair and punch me
- when he arrived at my place I was always to be naked and if I wasnt I was beat
- one time he made me go with him to Central Park and lick his anus in public at night
- he said if i didnt stare into his eyes while he had sex with me he would cut my eyelids off and if I blinked he would insert his penis very hard in my rectum which hurt
- if I didnt wear the right cologne (dolce and gabana) he would make me eat soap and call me a filthy bitch
- I had to explain to him in detail about my sex life and if i left out a part he would slap my face
- if I didnt call him master he would force me to sit in the dark closet with a plastic bag over my head
- also i was forced to dress in womens clothing and make up and he made videos and photos of this even though I told him no and he laughed
- made me have sex with a black guy who was very well endowed even though I didn't want to
Mascara & Murder is hosting a copy of the collection of emails Magnotta dutifully sent to Salta, who was paid a sum of $300 for his legal advice. A little more than a year later, Jun Lin was brutally murdered and a video of the killing was posted online. Luka Magnotta remains the prime suspect in the investigation, and it is widely believed that the grisly video footage is irrefutable proof of his guilt.
Luka Magnotta's Emails to Attorney Romeo Salta (PDF)
The Bizarre Backstory of the Alleged 'Canadian Psycho'
Business Insider (June 13, 2012)