Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Brenda Ann Spencer: "Switched to overload"




Brenda Ann Spencer fired 36 rounds from a semi-automatic rifle through her bedroom window at a bustling schoolyard on January 29, 1979. Her shooting spree left two adults dead, and another nine people wounded (eight of them children). The rifle had been a Christmas present from her father, Wallace Spencer.

Amid the six and a half hour standoff, which eventually led to her arrest, she was asked what had compelled her to do such an unfathomably horrible thing. Young Brenda, only 16 years old at the time of the shootings, provided an equally horrifying response:

"I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day."

Like many people my age, my first exposure to the life and crimes of Brenda Ann Spencer came courtesy of the highly popularized song, "I Don't Like Mondays" by The Boomtown Rats. Singer/songwriter Bob Geldof had been in the midst of giving a radio interview when news of the tragedy came through on a Telex machine. Although the song has become a Monday morning radio classic across the globe, it is important to remember that it all began with a messed-up young woman, a telescopic rifle, and the haunting phrase which has since become ensconced in popular culture.


  
                                           Image: Nykta                                                    Image: margoaquato


"I don't remember, but I'm sure that I did it."


While Brenda has, in recent years, provided a somewhat clearer explanation for her terrible crimes than her initial 'Mondays' claim, it doesn't look like this broad is getting out of the Big House any time in the near future. Still very clearly detatched from what she did on that frosty morning back in '79, she claims to remember very little about what transpired that day, and nothing at all about the actual shootings.



11 comments:

  1. It was an amazing experience to visit this website and read the articles and contents.

    3d Fiber Mascara & Younique Moodstruck 3d Fiber Lashes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    Swedish Body Massage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information.

    NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy Intensive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this topic. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him. So I should thank you for the free lunch I got.

    Fast track hairdressing courses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post he is a great human..thanks for shared this with us found this informative and interesting blog so i think so its very useful and knowledge able. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    Bridal Dresses Edinburgh & Wedding dress Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't agree with everything in this post, but you do make some very good points. I'm very interested in this topic and I myself do alot of research as well. Either way it was a well thought out and nice read so I figured I would leave you a comment. Feel free to check out my website sometime and let me know what you think......

    Funded Barbering Courses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a marvelous job!....

    Hair NVQ L2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

    Start following our trades today & gain up to 270% a day.

    ReplyDelete

  9. I Just thought I should share my experience cause I strongly believe someone out there need’s it…a powerful spell caster that works.

    Am Tiffany Joshua from USA. After being in relationship for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the Dr ABURI, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4 pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful Dr ABURI who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email. aburinative@yahoo.com or whatsapp him +1-442-243-3334 .) you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In this manner my buddy Wesley Virgin's report begins in this shocking and controversial video.

    You see, Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he found hidden, "mind control" tactics that the government and others used to get whatever they want.

    These are the same tactics many celebrities (notably those who "became famous out of nowhere") and top business people used to become rich and successful.

    You probably know that you utilize only 10% of your brain.

    Really, that's because most of your BRAINPOWER is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Maybe this thought has even taken place INSIDE your own mind... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's mind seven years ago, while driving a non-registered, beat-up trash bucket of a vehicle without a driver's license and with $3 on his bank card.

    "I'm absolutely fed up with going through life paycheck to paycheck! When will I get my big break?"

    You took part in those types of conversations, right?

    Your very own success story is going to be written. You just need to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    WATCH WESLEY SPEAK NOW

    ReplyDelete